burlesque costumes at The West End Museum. We're all very excited about
it. We're 1/3 of the way to our pledge goal and have 19 days left! If
you'd like to make a pledge, you can visit
http://www.kickstar ter.com/projects /bostonbabydolls /a-museum- exhibit-of- \
Next, thank you to Angie Pontani <http://www.angiepon tani.com/> , the
perennial Miss Cyclone of Coney Island and the winner for The Burlesque
Hall of Fame Weekend in 2008. Angie has agreed to lend us the beautiful
ballet-inspired costume in which she won her title. Video of the
award-winning performance can be seen at http://youtu. be/4noetKYN5GY
If YOU have a historic burlesque costume -- especially on related to
Boston -- that you think would make a good addition to the exhibit,
please drop us a line. We haven't yet finalized all of the items for
Tom Leykis Show News
- Introducing: New Normal Studios. After looking at over 100 possible locations, New Normal Studios becomes a reality as Tom signs an agreement last Friday which he called "the greatest day of the two years of The New Normal." It will be the home to Gary & Dino, New Normal Rock, New Normal Music and the syndicated New Normal Music: The Radio Show, Pure Pop Hits, The Tom Leykis Show, and whatever else we dream up. It will be, technologically, state-of-the-art. Dry runs for our content will begin at New Normal Studios on or about March 1st. In addition to producing our own content, we will, on an hourly basis, be producing other people's content as well: commercials, voiceovers, infomercial, demos and the like, and we will be undercutting the prices charged by others. If you have production needs, or if local brick & mortar radio stations or production houses are milking you dry, now's the time to let us know by writing firstname.lastname@example.org.
"In addition to producing our own content, we will, on an hourly basis, be producing other people's content as well: commercials, voiceovers, infomercial, demos and the like, and we will be undercutting the prices charged by others."
- First rack signing to christen New Normal Studios. Be a part of history. In March, following the completion of New Normal Studios, one lucky lady of legal age will be chosen to receive the first rack signing at our new home. If you or a delicious friend want your rack to be the first to be signed at New Normal Studios, please send us a delicious photo to email@example.com. Be sure to include your contact information. Professionals as well as amateurs are encouraged!
- Win a free weekend in Monterey. The Tasting Room with Tom Leykis is giving away a free weekend for two at the incredible Monterey Plaza Hotel on historic Cannery Row in Monterey, California.Would you like to take someone for a weekend at an amazing hotel and pay absolutely nothing to do it? All you have to do to enter is to sign up for Tom's free Tasting Room newsletter. Enter your email address here and you are entered. Winner will be chosen this Thursday, February 9th.
Here is a way to support The Tom Leykis Show without having to hear so many commercials! You buy from Amazon anyway. Support The Tom Leykis Show and The New Normal by clicking to buy from Amazon right here.
Stay in touch with us:
- Hear The Tom Leykis Show stream: http://tomleykis.newnormalnetwork.com/listen.pls
- On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/tomleykisshow
- On Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/tomleykis
- Our website: http://www.blowmeuptom.com
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To advertise, call (818) 52-RADIO or write email@example.com
- Our physical address: 8033 Sunset Boulevard, #824, Los Angeles, CA 90046
ARE YOU READY FOR APRIL 2nd?
Romanian model Ioana Spangenberg says she has natural 20-inch waist. When you see her thin middle in contrast to her 32-inch hips, it's no wonder tabloids like The Sun are referring to Spangenberg as "the human hourglass." The 30-year-old clocks in around 84 pounds, and says she was average size until her teen years. "When I was 13 my waist was around 15 inches. Someone could put their hands around it, their fingers would touch and they would still have extra room," she told the Sun.
See photos of the woman with the world's smallest waist ever
Spangenberg insists she's tried everything and cannot gain weight around her midsection. "No one seems to believe it, but every day I eat three big meals and I snack on chocolate and crisps all the time. I just have a small stomach. It's a bit like having a natural gastric band - if I eat too much, I feel sick," she told the Sun. "In Romania it is better to be overweight, because that means you are from a wealthy family...so while my friends were going out and dating, I was sitting at home with Mars bars wishing I could fatten up," she told the paper.
Read how celebrities maintain their svelte figures
Spangenberg gives new meaning to the termAs women all too familiar with trickery like Photoshop and wearing three pairs of Spanx, It's hard for us to believe Spangenberg isn't wearing a corset under her clothing. The legendary Ethel Granger, whose 13-inch waist was documented as the smallest in history, only attained her size with the help of severely pinching corsets. But Spangenberg insists her size and shape are all-natural, and with the encouragement of her German husband Jan, she's turned to the modeling industry to flaunt her skeletal figure.
"Jan was the first person who saw me as beautiful and encouraged me to celebrate my body. He asked me to pose in some photos for him," she told the Sun. "He was so impressed he put them online and the response was amazing." Spangenberg admits she has struggled with her self-esteem and told the publication she still wishes she could pack on a few pounds. "I would still like to ga